Thursday, March 24, 2016

Amazeballz Blue Holo

The Polish
BC: Revlon - ColorStay Base Coat
Main: Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer - PDTS 3.7 (prototype), two coats
Accent: Lacquistry - Amazeballz!, three coats
TC: Seche Vite

Still no pics because my phone/camera hates me. I've been having a difficult time with my polish hobby lately. This mani looked adorable when it was done, but it turns out it still wasn't what I needed to bring me out of my funk. I smudged my accent nail two minutes after finishing it, and my camera wouldn't save any pictures.

Wear: Some lifting started on Day 2. I thought it was just one nail that I didn't clean up around the cuticle very well, but then more and more of them started lifting, and by Day 3, every nail with the holo had chipped at least a little. Frustrating. :/ The Amazeballz lasted a bit longer, though.

So.. I DO need to take a break. I'm struggling to get joy out of this hobby, and that's the main goal of it. Yes, there IS the thing about sticking with something and growing over time and developing a skill, but if this is a chore for me right now, I don't need to push myself to existential crisis mode. I want to purge a little, but not everything. I want to have a nice, maintainable stash and see if it's possible to do my nails WITHOUT cataloging everything. That's an interesting thought.

Knowing me, I'll probably be back, so see you after the break! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment