Saturday, March 5, 2016

HD Raindrops

The Polish
BC: Revlon - ColorStay Base Coat
Main: Illamasqua - Raindrops, two coats
Accent: Milani - HD, one coat over Raindrops
TC: Seche Vite


Raindrops was one of my favorite polishes, and I had lemmed it for over a year. Recently, though, it just hasn't been getting much love. It's such a pretty blue-grey shade, sheer with those beautiful glass fleck flakies.. but even putting it on today, I was a little bored. Turns out all it needed was a layer of scattered holo on the accent nail! That's all it took for me to fall in love again. These pictures seriously doesn't do this mani justice. <3


Here's Raindrops by itself, too. Also pretty. *nod*


And here's a random story: My husband was test-driving a Charger the other day. He decided against getting it, but it did spur this interaction:

Me: What do you think?
Husband: ... What do YOU think of it? *obviously not wanting to influence my opinion*
Me: Uh.. It's a car. I don't know..
Husband: What do you like about it?
Me: That's like me asking you what you like about this polish.
Husband: The sparkles, duh. At least the ones that aren't taco-Ing.
Me: *dies laughing* I can't believe you remember that term! It's been a while since I've used it.
Husband: Of course. -I- pay attention to the things you like.
Me: *sigh* Okay.. The dash is.. Dash-y. It's very dashing.
Husband: Yes. Okay, now we're getting somewhere.



Live Swatch of just Raindrops:



Wear: Removed on Day 3 with some lifting, especially on the accent nails, probably because of the thickness. Perhaps I shouldn't have put more polish on after the SV? Or perhaps I put too thick a coat on the second time around. Regardless, the lifting was super unfortunate. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment