Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sally, My Iridescent Sweetheart

OPI - Sweet Heart
Sally Girl - unnamed iridescent glitter in pink-tinted base

Welcome back to Guilty Pleasure Colors, where we are committed to bringing you subpar photographs of nail polish. Today on Not the World's Greatest Pictures, we have a treat for you--the terror of peelies.


Sweet Heart is streaky as all get out, but she holds a special place in my heart because of all we've been through together. I rescued her from a thrift shop and nursed her back from the near death she suffered at the hands of a filthy muggle. Her cap was completely sealed from the polish spilled all over her neck, and the thinner surgery she had to endure to remove it was long and messy. So even though she's not the greatest polish, I cut her some slack because of her history.


And the Sally Girl was unexpectedly gorgeous. I don't know why it was unexpected--I know that I love iridescents. But it was also a little bit more blingy than I was expecting. I was going to put it on all of my nails, but after seeing it on my thumb, I realized that it's a bit much for wearing to work. Thus, it just became an accent nail.


I don't think I'll be wearing this mani long, at least not as long as I wore Cut the Cake. But being a first year teacher is totally exhausting, and I don't have much time for anything at all during the week, so we'll see.

Wear: Four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment