Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Triple T Pointe

The Polish:
BC: DIY Glue base coat
Color: jelly sandwich (two coats, glitter, one coat) of OPI - My Pointe Exactly (NYC Ballet collection) with Jeffy'sMom - Triple T, two coats on middle finger
TC: Seche Vite

Jeffy'sMom, a regular on MUA's nail board, recently sent me a mini bottle of a franken she made based on her kitty, Tycho. (A "Teeny tiny tortie," hehe.) Here's a breakdown of the glitters:


"The black hexes and fine glitter represent her beautiful black fur. The black bars represent her black whiskers and the very few white bars represent her single white whisker and the white stripes on her tail tip. The white hexes and hearts represent her white fur. The orange hexes of varying sizes represent her orange fur, with the largest ones being her front paws.
The orange bars are the stripe down her nose that gave her her name and the orange stripes on her tail tip. The light pink hearts are for her little pink tongue and the sandpaper kisses she loves to give anybody who comes within range. And the silver hexes and fine glitter represent the water that she loves to play with in Jeffy's jacuzzi sink."


It's very much a Halloween polish, but I just couldn't wait until then to try it. I can't imagine wearing it much outside of October, but I just love that it was made after a kitty-kitty. <3 In the full sun, it looks less sandwiched and you can see the glitters better.


Also decided that this would be the perfect time to try out the glue base coat method that's been going around for a while now. It's made with school glue mixed with just a little water, and it's mostly used for easy-removal of glitter. I've been avoiding it because I've been concerned that it would be ultra drying on my nails, but since we know about the oiling method (rub naked nails with any oil 10 minutes prior to polish), I thought it shouldn't be too big of a deal.


Some people have said that they get a full 3 or 4 days out of a glue base coat, but you know me. I like to peel. So when the polish started to come up on one nail less than 24 hours later, the whole mani lasted another thirty minutes before I had everything pulled up. Everything came off clean and satisfyingly, and my nails weren't even too bad, though I definitely wouldn't want to do it too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment