Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Daubingy's Beau

The Polish:
BC: CND - Stickey
Undies: Sinful Colors - Beau Khaki, two coats
Glitter: Finger Paints - Daubingy's Garden, one coat
TC: Seche Vite


Look! Look what I did! I've had Beau Khaki for about two years. I almost purged it probably twice because it's a creme, and I'm awful at application on cremes. But the color was perfect, so I wouldn't let myself let it go. Instead, I kept practicing off and on, and just recently, my application skills have improved a little. And it's just enough that I can finally wear Beau Khaki! Eeek! *proud*


I got Daubingy's Garden when Sally's did a free Finger Paints promotion a few months ago. It was the most unique thing on the wall, so I thought I might as well give it a go. In the bottle, it's kind of duochrome-y, but on the nail, you can see it clearly: navy blue and gold/green iridescent hexes in two sizes. The glitters go on easily, but stick together rather easily, as you can see, so application is a little tricky.


It's actually a lot prettier in person than in pictures. I feel kind of fancy wearing this mani, especially considering how long I worked to get application right in order to wear a creme like this!


Wear: Lifting on Day 4. :( Applied a coat of Gelous and an extra coat of SV on Day 3 to give it more shine and maybe help it last longer, but it seems to have done the opposite!

No comments:

Post a Comment