Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hi Maintenance

Essie Hi Maintenance



Hey! I can't believe I didn't mention on my last post that I was going out of state. Must have been distracted. Anyway, yeah, I'm out of state for school for the summer. I only brought a handful of polishes with me, six to be exact. Not that I won't buy more, especially with the fact that there are CVSes here (there aren't any at home), but I should be on a college-student budget, since I won't be working. Plus the program I'm in is very intensive, so I won't have as much time to do my nails. That said, posts will probably be few and sporadic around here until late August.


That being said, here's Hi Maintenance, the sheer pink I brought with me, because of course I had to bring one. And this was the perfect candidate because it's a mini. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't have seen it on sale (fifty cents, woo!), particularly because the name is unattractive to me, but also just because I tend to be gathering quite a lot of sheer pinks, don't I?


Hi Maintenance is a little streaky, but mostly it's glossy. Oh my goodness is it glossy. I don't know why, but for some reason this one is just super shiny. Pretty cute for fifty cents, eh?

Edit 6/24/13 - I've since decided that Hi Maintenance is a jelly. The shiny, glossy finish should have been a clue, but I didn't realize until a few days later. I've been mistaken about jellies before, so the only sure-fire way to know, at least for me, is to try it over a glitter, which I did! And the glitter shone through, just glossier than before. Ta da! Jelly! :D (Or maybe that just means that it's super sheer. Who knows? It's all rather sketchy.) No pictures because my nails look horrible due to all the stress from school. They're all peeled to hell, and my glitter has been chipping off. So, next time, friends. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment