Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mint Stars

Pure Ice Mint Dream
Wet n Wild Star of the Show (Fast Dry Line)

Wear: Two days (Slight tip wear that wasn't a problem, but when one of the stars curled, it frustrated me until I removed it, leaving small bare area. I could have left it for another day, but I got excited about trying something new.)

Pure Ice is one of my least favorite brands. They make a lot of frosty colors, and frosty polishes are streaky and finicky. I got Mint Dream from a friend, though, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Mint Dream is a green duo-chrome that would probably be best over a solid creme. Not knowing that ahead of time and wanting my usual sheer break after a few days of wearing a creme, I tried it by itself. And man, it's pretty boring, actually. The formula and application were really smooth, I just wish there was a little more to it.

I wanted a top coat to spruce it up and found one I hadn't shown here yet. Star of the Show, in truth, should be named, "Fishing for Stars," because that's all I ever do with it. Even the bar glitter isn't very prominent! Meh. A lame top coat for a lame polish. Better luck next time!

Mint Dream and Star of the Show can both be found currently at Walgreens or Walmart for about $2, if you were so inclined to pick them up, but there are much better things you could buy instead.
Update: It's grown a little on me throughout the day. The green isn't really a pretty green, in my opinion, but it's unique. The pictures really don't show the color. I think I'm just not a fan of duo-chrome finish, but this polish is fine enough. Well, I like it enough that I'll wear it until it chips rather than removing it tonight, so that's saying something!

No comments:

Post a Comment