Saturday, February 23, 2013

Vintage Silver-Blue Comparison

Vintage unnamed Wet n Wild
Vintage Fetish Run for Cover Silver Spoon
Sally Hansen Glass Slipper (Diamond Strength line)
Wear: Three days

I mentioned to the nail board on Makeup Alley that I was craving (or "lemming," as they say) the rare and popular Illamasqua Raindrops, half-hoping they could help me find it. Instead they recommended frankening a dupe. Someone mentioned Sally Hansen's Glass Slipper, and as soon as they said that, I knew I had to try! I had a couple of vintages that I wanted to try as the base, but before I gave it a go, I decided to test the old polishes first.

And I'm glad I did. The vintages are actually more similar to each other than I imagined they'd be, even down to the pearly frost finish. It's a little hard to tell the difference, isn't it? I got confused a couple of times as I was applying them! The Wet n Wild is just the slightest bit more blue.

However, because there's that hint of frost in the finish (which I've mentioned before that I don't enjoy), I don't think they're good enough for my Raindrops-franken-dupe. Raindrops is a nice jelly and more blue than either of these. These just wouldn't cut it for me. Ah well. Looks like I'll be on the lookout for a blue-grey jelly!

But just for the heck of it, I decided to add a couple of layers of Glass Slipper, anyway. (And then promptly proceeded to destroy the paint on my pinky directly after the above picture was taken. Pffft.)

No comments:

Post a Comment