Sunday, March 10, 2013

Beau's Pistachio Ocean

Sinful Colors Beau Khaki (Haute Rebel collection)
L'Oreal Pistachio Dream (Versailles Romance collection)
Sinful Colors Green Ocean

I love creating the post titles out of the polish names, haha. Anyway, I was excited to try all of these colors, but unfortunately, I don't think the resulting combination was all that great. They're all good colors, just maybe not together.
Beau Khaki is a beautiful sage green. It has the same thick formula that most Sinful Colors cremes share. And I'm getting better at application! This is one coat, no mistakes! (It took me a while to realize why EVERYONE was talking about the name, by the way. I mean, I know what they're going for, but it doesn't sound THAT similar. And then I realized that everyone was pronouncing the Japanese word with an American accent. Ah, that explains it. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you probably DON'T want to know :D) 
Pistachio Dream is a lovely pastel minty green. It was slightly streaky. This is two coats. Still debating whether or not to go back and get the pastel pink and blue. I'm leaning yes. :)
And then the Green Ocean, which is popular this time of year. It's cute, but I don't think it did anything for the already awkward color combination.
But while I was brushing my teeth last night, I noticed that the Pistachio Dream matched the towel I had in the bathroom! The girls on the MUA nailboard have been playing a game recently about taking pictures of ridiculous things their nails matched, like cat-litter boxes and bleach containers. I hurried to take a picture and share. My husband told me I was ridiculous. :D
Sinful Colors sells at Walgreens for $2. The Haute Rebel collection may still be available in your area. Green Ocean sells every year around St. Patrick's Day. The L'Oreal Versailles Romance collection doesn't seem to be very popular, so there very well might be a full display at your Walgreens! They sell for $6.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment