Friday, March 1, 2013

Sheer Pink Comparison

OPI You Callin' Me a Lyre? (NYC Ballet Collection)
Sinful Colors Social Ladder
Rimmel French Lingerie
Sinful Colors Glass Pink
Sally Hansen Linen (Smooth & Perfect line)

Wear: Six days. (I was loathe to remove my adorable pinks, so I kept them on as long as possible. Added another strengthening top coat on day three. Minor tip wear on day five, worse on day six, but still not majorly noticeable, considering the shades. Rimmel chipped first, followed by Sally Hansen.)

I'm getting tired of not being able to take good pictures. Maybe I'll invest in an actual lightbox, since my DIY project doesn't seem to be working at all. These colors are BEAUTIFUL. I've been staring at them all day because they're so gorgeous. I just wish I could take a picture that showed that.
Rimmel was the only one that gave me trouble, as you can see. It was a bit of a streak-fest, even at three coats. I want to play with it in the future to see if I can get it to behave. Apart from being the most streaky, it was also the whitest of the five.

The Sinfuls were wonderful to me, as usual. I feel that they work well as one-coaters, but I like my polish sheer. I applied two coats to show more of the color, although it doesn't matter now because of the pictures! Glass Pink is one of my favorites, one of the first ones I picked up when I first began buying. I hesitated buying Social Ladder because it looked so similar, but finally caved last week during the coupon sale. Upon closer inspection, Social Ladder has a milkier base and less prominent sparkle.

The Sally Hansen is a beautiful milky-pearl pink that I just can't get over. I loved Sea when I tried it, so I bought three more of the Smooth & Perfect collection. They're such lovely sheers, and I have no troubles with the application, which I hear (ironically) was one of the biggest problems people had with the line. I used two coats to show the color.

I was so excited to try You Callin' Me a Lyre, which was part of the 2011 NYC Ballet collection, and it didn't disappoint. It's a delicious, shiny sheer jelly, just the palest of pinks. I applied two coats, but mussed it up somehow when I put on the top coat, so I added another coat of the polish to fix it.
I love all of the colors sooo much! If I had to choose one, however, I think I would go with Linen. The application and color just work for me.

I want to do a sheer white comparison soon. I'm excited for all of these beautiful colors to stay on my fingers for a while, and even more excited for the next batch of pretties!

No comments:

Post a Comment