Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bikini So Teeny

Essie Bikini So Teeny

I hear this polish is highly reviewed, and for good reason--it's adorable. Such a cute shade of blue with that delicious shimmer! I was so excited to wear it! Eee! This is two coats. Probably could have used three, but it's fine to me.

Even though this polish has a shimmer, it's pretty subtle, so the finish is still very much acts like a creme, which was bad news to me. The good news, though, was that I recently bought some pure acetone, so I was able to try cleanup with it and the $1 skinny makeup brush I bought. I thought it was going terribly, but actually it didn't turn out too bad. (You should see my left hand, though! Ugh! That one did NOT go so well.) Eh. Oh well. Just takes more practice!

Bikini So Teeny was released last summer and has since been added to core, so you can find this cutie wherever you buy your Essies.
Wear: Four days. I wore a strengthener as a base coat, no top coat the first run. Noticeable tip wear on the second day. I wasn't ready to take it off yet, to I applied another coat of the polish and a layer of Grand Central Station, making sure the polish had enough time to semi-dry before I applied the top coat. The fix-up was my first attempt, so it wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't noticeable. More tip wear on day four, along with cracks from GCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment