Monday, December 16, 2013

Blue-berry Sweet on You

The Polish:
BC: None
Nicole by OPI - Blue-berry Sweet on You (Gumdrops collection), two coats
TC: None

My first texture polish! I was in CVS and decided that it was time. I couldn't resist the blue any longer.

I'm not usually one to complain about a wide brush, but man, this one... It was just a combination of factors: the short stem of the brush, the width of the brush, the consistency of the polish... the odds seemed stacked against it, and the brush was a little unwieldy. You can see the mess I made on the first picture.


But as for the polish itself, woah! The first thing I said to myself was, "It sure is sparkly!" The sparkle doesn't show on images, so even after seeing swatches of this online, I was still surprised by by just how much sparkle this little guy had in him. It really is just a really thick glitter, huh?


And the texture itself hasn't even been as much of a nuisance as I expected it to be, either. In fact, I really enjoy feeling it, and I've found myself touching my nails often with it on. I guess I may be seeing some more textures in my stash soon.

Wear: Four days. Although I wore it for five days, I can't say that I got five days of wear out of it because I needed to take it off but ran out of time. Started to chip on day three (though more from the base than the tips, which is unusual) and was visible by the end of day four.

No comments:

Post a Comment