Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Golden Swan

The Polish:
BC: Duri - Rejuvicote
Fancy Gloss - Golden Swan, three layers
TC: Seche Vite

It was with low expectations that I put on Golden Swan, what was supposed to be my Christmas polish this year. After the experience I had with her sister, Marry Me, I was expecting the worst. Unfortunately, that's pretty much what I got.


The smell was the worst part. It really is that bad. It's just awful.

Second was that the white base wasn't visible on the nail. Turns out it's more of a clear base than a white crelly or even a jelly, like I was expecting. If I had known that, I would have layered it over a white jelly. Since I didn't know it, I slathered on three thick layers, trying to get the white to show. As a result, the glitters were sliding all over the place, and I wasn't quite sure what to do with the Seche Vite. I ended up kind o.f.. dabbling it on thinking to myself all the while, "Oh, this mani is hopeless."



It was so bad that I just couldn't bring myself to put it on my other hand. Nope, I'll just have to find some other polish to be my Christmas mani, because this terrible stuff doesn't deserve it. Meanwhile, both Fancy Glosses are going into the swap pile. Yes, they're both pretty, but I just can't keep them around if they're going to smell that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment