Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Feeling Gloomy

The Polish:
BC: Revlon - ColorStay Base Coat
Color: Fancy Gloss - Feeling Gloomy, two coats
TC: Seche Vite


Yeeees <3 I've been lemming Reverie's Cloud Burst HARD recently. I NEEDED that speckle-y, shimmery grey in my life. Reverie's been OOS for a while, now, though, and even requests on the Facebook swap groups came up short. *sigh* Looks like it's time to look for a similar.


I found Feeling Gloomy on a Facebook swap group and figured it was pretty close. It's a few shades darker, but it has the same speckle-y, shimmery look that comes from a faint linear holo. It's not Cloud Burst, but it's still beautiful. Application was two, nice coats, which was nice, too.


After my bad experience with Fancy Gloss two years ago, I vowed that I wouldn't buy anymore from that brand, even from second-hand sellers. The odor from the two I purchased previously (from the original site) were so strong, I had to contact the maker, which it looks like I neglected to mention on that post. She said the odor was from the base those polishes were made with and that she wasn't making polishes with that base anymore. No offers for a refund or to replace the polish with better quality products or anything else to make the situation better, which I thought wasn't very good customer service. But... Feeling Gloomy looked SO pretty.. I told the story to the seller on FB. She and her SO both smelled it and declared it to not smell any worse than any other polish, so I went ahead and bought it. Nope, no horrendous odor. Looks way better than the previous two, as well, huh?


Wear: Removed on Day 5 with slight lifting at the end of Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment