Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Silver Lining

Maya Cosmetics - Silver Lining
Rejuvicote as top and base coat


Silver Lining's been on my wishlist ever since someone recommended it as a lemming killer of Illamasqua's Raindrops. It's not actually that similar, though. I knew it wasn't really even before buying it, but it was pretty enough that I wanted it regardless. It has more in common with Lady Muck, I Have a Herring Problem, and I Don't Give a Rotterdam than Raindrops, really--a lovely blue-grey with a nice shimmer. With thin coats, it's pretty streaky, so on my swatching fingers, I tried to do one nice thick coat. It turned out well enough, except for the bubble on my pinkie nail. (What else is that on my pinkie? A left-over hex from last mani?) Hah. I guess I'll wait out the two thin coats next time. The formula was somewhat self-leveling, anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.


Maya Cosmetics polishes can be purchased from the website for $9.50.

Wear: Five days. I've been admiring this all week. In fact, after looking at it for so long, it does kind of resemble Raindrops. It's more jelly-like than my first impression told me. Is this what you call a crelly? Regardless, I am happy that I bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment