Friday, January 31, 2014

Solitarily Nyxed

The Polish:
BC: None
Main Color: OPI - Solitaire (Bond Girls Liquid Sand collection), two coats
Accent: Zoya - Nyx (Pixie Dust), two coats
TC: None

I've never been on a No Buy before, but with all of the polish I have, I decided to try it. A polish Facebook group I'm in is doing it for six weeks, and I'm joining in, too. The day before it started, I decided it would be easier if I hauled right before, so I went out to see what I could find, and lo and behold, an OPI Bond Girls mini set on clearance! I'd been wanting to try Solitaire and Pussy Galore, so I picked it up immediately. It also came with Jinx, which I gave to a red-loving friend, and Vesper, which is going straight into the swap box.


I've been going back and forth on Solitaire ever since I put it on. I just can't decide if I like it or not. It's a pretty color, but I'm not sure if it's doing it for me or not. Honestly, I don't think the texture is working for this one. It doesn't seem to be as good a quality as other textures I have. It's not bad enough to get rid of, and I'll definitely wear it again, but I'm glad it's a mini, at least.


And as for Nyx, I'm not really feeling the love, either. Even though I already had two blue texture polishes, I wanted to get it as one of my three from the Zoya promo because it wasn't like the other two. It was muted and greyed, but still sparkly and pretty. So I'm not sure why I'm not feeling it now. Maybe I had just gotten too used to used to the brighter ones? Oh well, we'll try again later.

Wear: Three days, and then Solitaire seemed to lose its texture to wear..? All of the texture polishes I've worn aren't quite as "textured" after a couple of days, but this one had visible wear. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment